In the interview, Andy and N4AL’s Adron Buske discuss Andy’s career, his path to developing Comics Experience, and more!
Nerd for A Living was founded with a mission to help people “discover fulfilling, profitable and sustainable career paths in the worlds they love.” The organization features news, articles, events and services to promote their mission.
In the interview, Andy explains the origin of Comics Experience, how building the business helped him combine a love of teaching and comics – and how CE was sparked by the idea of offering something different from a university course.
Andy and Adron also discuss:
- Developing credibility and trust as a business
- Andy’s shift from resisting online teaching… to running an all-online teaching business
- Comics as one of the earliest telecommuting careers
- Industry transitions from hands-on contact with original art to digital collaboration
- Shifting focus toward creator-owned property and self-publishing
- Democratization of the comics industry
…and that’s just the first half of the interview!
Thanks to N4AL for the podcast – and for calling Comics Experience an “incredible resource” for those interested in working in the comics industry!
Check out Andy’s N4AL interview here.
If you want to make comics, write, draw, letter, and color comics, or improve as a comics creator, you’ll find like-minded friends and colleagues in our online workshops and courses. We hope to see you there!