More Comics Experience courses are now open for enrollment!
Here are some important things to know about all of our courses:
- All courses are offered live, online, so that you can attend from wherever you live.
- All enrolled students have access to recordings of each class session. This makes it easy to get the most from your course – even if you need to miss an occasional session, or are unable to attend live.
- Each course is taught by a working comics professional with a demonstrated aptitude for teaching.
- Instructors provide a combination of lectures, real-time demonstrations or examples, and individualized feedback.
- All students receive access to an online course discussion forum to talk about course topics, exchange feedback, and support one another’s progress throughout the week.
Register now for these upcoming courses, or visit our page here for details on ALL courses open for enrollment!
Advanced Comic Book Art: Live Studio Experience (Starts October 26)
Taught by veteran Comics Experience instructor and working artist Robert Atkins, the Live Studio Experience course offers a unique structure. Robert begins with an individual assessment for each student, and creates a course of study designed to help YOU develop your skills where it benefits you most. Enjoy camaraderie and support in a fun, goal-oriented studio environment! Our Introduction to Comic Book Art is a prerequisite, and we limit class size to keep the emphasis on individualized instruction. Learn more or sign up here.
Advanced Comic Book Coloring (starts October 31)
Develop your technical skills and define your personal style in Advanced Comic Book Coloring! All alums of our Introduction to Comic Book Coloring course are eligible to enroll. If your goal is to color comics professionally — or you just want to up your coloring game — then this is the place to be. Instructor Chris Sotomayor will address ways to develop your technical, professional and creative abilities. You’ll also receive personalized critiques and meet a guest color artist! Learn more or sign up here.
Introduction to Comic Book Writing (starts November 7)
Comics Experience founder Andy Schmidt offers instruction covering not only the art of writing comics, but also the mechanics of navigating the industry itself. One of our most popular and enduring courses – not just because of how much you’ll learn, but also how much fun you’ll have! By the end of the course, each student will have a complete, short comic script ready to provide to an artist.
We hope to see you in one (or more!) of our upcoming course sessions!
If you want to make comics, write, draw, letter, and color comics, or improve as a comics creator, you’ll find like-minded friends and colleagues in our online workshops and courses. We hope to see you there!
Posted by Nicole Boose