Earlier this month, Comics Experience and Source Point Press staffers and creators gathered at C2E2 in Chicago to celebrate the release of four new titles, present panels, sign books, and attend a meetup. From April 6 through 8, comics fans got a taste of the exciting new stories that our partnership has to offer.
Debuting at C2E2?
- Achilles, Inc., by Comics Experience founder Andy Schmidt, Daniel Maine, Francesca Zambon, and ET Dollman
- The Family Graves by Tim Bach, Brian Atkins, et al
- Grief by Frank Gogol and various artists
- Wretched Things by Devon Wong and Ken Perry
Andy, Brian, Tim, Brian, Ken, Devon, and Frank all worked the booth, signing issues or trades of their stories. This provided them with a chance to meet Comics Experience members, former classmates, and students. Everyone who took part enthusiastically relayed how the convention crackled with energy!
In addition, Comics Experience and Source Point Press creators, staffers, and some friends whose names you might recognize participated in panels to both promote their new books as well as carry on the community’s spirit of education encouragement, including:
- Get Published!, with Andy and Source Point Press’ Travis McIntire, announcing the details of the Comics Experience/Source Point partnership and what aspiring creators need to know.
- Comics Creation: Writing for Comics, with Andy, Tom King, and Kyle Higgins dishing out advice on how to craft strong characters and stories.
- Breaking Into Comics and Staying In!, with Andy, David Pepose, Justin Jordan, and Paul Allor
With such a successful launch and the resulting joy with which friends and fans embraced the new books, we’re all looking forward to the next venture and the next convention! Will we see you there?
(And if you’re a member of the Creators Workshop, you can read up on even more C2E2 awesomeness here and here.)
Thanks to Tim Bach for the photos!
If you want to make comics, write, draw, letter, and color comics, or improve as a comics creator, you’ll find like-minded friends and colleagues in our online workshops and courses. We hope to see you there!
Posted by Meredith Nudo