Master Seminar with Greg Pak: The Pak-Process
Countless books and courses offer absolutely essential introductions to the principles of dramatic writing. But for new and experienced comic book writers alike, the real struggle begins with incredibly practical questions about how to turn an initial idea into an actual story, how to structure an issue and an arc, how to break moments down page-by-page and panel-by-panel, how to work with editors and licensors, how to handle the constant surprises and challenges the actual process throws at you every day, and how to push that good script into something great while hitting those unmovable deadlines.
It’s the often overlooked component to “how to write” and it’s exactly what Greg Pak (Planet Hulk, Mech Cadet Yu, Action Comics, Star Wars) is going to address for you. After writing over 475 comic book scripts over fifteen years, Pak continues to learn with every new project and has developed a system of incredibly practical storytelling principles and moment-to-moment problem solving techniques that he’ll share in this seminar. No one can simply give you a perfect process for you, but by breaking down his own writing process, he’ll crack open some incredible insights that will give you the tools to start building your own.
This is something every writer needs, and Pak is peeling back the curtain to give you a head start on your writing journey!
The Master Seminar is co-hosted by Comics Experience founder Andy Schmidt (Marvel Editor on Pak’s own X-Men: Phoenix – War Song).
This Master Seminar is offered ONE TIME ONLY, so don’t delay, Click on the PayPal button below and reserve your “seat” before they’re all gone!
Space is limited, so don’t delay—sign up for the course today!
Online registration only. Click the PayPal button to enroll for just $295!
- You’ll spend roughly five-hours online with Greg Pak—starting at 10:00 AM ET—in a prepared discussion that walks you through Greg’s own writing process for comic books.
- Greg will give you insights and tips along the way.
- Greg uses proven and published examples in his own work that really get the job done!
- You’ll be privy to discussions between comics pros Greg Pak and Andy Schmidt, drawing from each other’s experiences to really get a complete understanding of more complex subjects.
- You’ll be able to ask questions live in a Q&A chat that Andy will flow into the conversation (so long as they’re relevant to the topic at hand).
- We will end with a solid Q&A session where Greg will take questions of all kind on comic book writing and the industry.
- You’ll have access to a full recording of the session for two weeks following the live event so you can watch and take notes again and again.
- If you can’t attend live, you’ll get access to the full recording and you’ll have the option of sending a few questions in advance to Andy that he can work into the Seminar.
This is a ONE-TIME-ONLY Master Seminar and will not be repeated, so don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to jump-start or accelerate your writing journey! Enroll now!
Online registration only: To attend Master Seminar with Greg Pak: The Pak-Process, you must register online. Enrollment is limited!
In his fifteen-year career, Greg Pak has written over 475 comic books for Marvel, DC, BOOM!, Dynamite, Dark Horse, Aspen, and his own creator-owned label.
He’s probably best known for Planet Hulk (which inspired parts of the Thor: Ragnarok feature film), Mech Cadet Yu (which won the 2018 Mike Wieringo Spirit Award), and for co-creating the Marvel Comics character Amadeus Cho with artist Takeshi Miyazawa. Pak is currently writing Ronin Island, James Bond 007, Star Wars, Firefly, and New Agents of Atlas. He co-wrote Make Comics Like the Pros with Fred Van Lente and can be found at gregpak.com and twitter.com/gregpak .
Do I need to know a whole lot about comics?
Absolutely not. This is a course about creating and writing comics. It’s an in-depth discussion, but we strive to make sure that our conversational tone is inclusive to our wide range of attendees’ experience.
Do I need to be a computer wiz for the class?
No, but you do need to have high-speed Internet access. We recommend that you have headphones with a microphone to plug into your computer, but that’s by no means necessary.
What if I can’t attend at the last minute? Can I make it up?
This is a one-time master seminar so there is no way to make it up, but if you have enrolled, you will have access to a recording of the session for two weeks after it’s held to review as many times as you like!
What computer programs do I need for this course?
None at all. Though we will talk about some programs, you’re not going to be asked to use any of them during the seminar.
If I don’t live in North America, can I still take the course?
You bet. We’ve had students jump in from Europe, Asia, Australia, South America and Africa. Many of these students have not been able to attend live due to the time difference, but they’ve all been happy to view the recordings!
If I don’t want a career in comics, and just like making comics or even just want to learn more about the art form I love, is the Master Seminar right for me?
Sure it is! This seminar is a great way to learn a ton about comics, how they’re made, and the thought process behind them. It could really change the way you read comics—for the better. We’d love to have you!
How do I sign up?
Click on the PayPal button for this course and you’ll get an email confirmation and instructions within two business days giving you everything you need to attend the Master Seminar.
Go ahead and reserve your spot today! Space is limited.
Prerequisite: No prerequisites needed!
To participate in our live online sessions you will need:
- A computer or mobile device that meets Go To Meeting’s minimum requirements
- to agree to the terms included in Comics Experience’s User Agreement.
- High-speed Internet access
- Headphones/ear buds with microphone (optional, but strongly suggested)
- A mind like a sponge!
Online registration only: To attend Master Seminar with Greg Pak: The Pak-Process, you must register online. Enrollment is limited.*
*We do not currently offer refunds after enrollment.