Comics Experience Publishing is proud to announce that rolling submissions are now open for our digital publishing program! With this approach, all qualifying Creators Workshop members will be able to submit their stories as they complete them, as opposed to waiting for a submission window to open.
We’re enthused about these changes, and hope those taking part in the Creators Workshop will find them more amenable to achieving their creative goals!
Our guidelines for rolling submissions are as follows:
- When it comes to Creators Workshop membership and time spent workshopping your part of the project, rolling submissions guidelines are the same as our print guidelines.
- Please provide us with a one-page synopsis containing the following information:
- Your name (you must be a Workshop member)
- Title of the project
- Submission date
- Length and format of the project
- Story concept (please do not go over two short sentences)
- One paragraph project overview (this is more of a story synopsis than the concept)
- Creative team (make sure to mention any past projects and possible connections with Comics Experience)
- Link(s) to the part(s) of the project that have been workshopped
- A one-page overview of the entire series or first arc is optional, but recommended.
- At least 10 pages of finished artwork. This includes pencils, inks, and colors, though the last may be omitted if the project is in black and white.
- Once you’ve finished gathering all the required information and materials, please place everything into a single low-res PDF. Direct the file to Comics Experience Digital Editor Pete Rogers.
Please note that submissions are currently only open to Creators Workshop members who have workshopped their part of the submitted project. However, anyone can learn more about our latest publishing projects, our partnership with IDW, and our distribution methods via ComiXology here.
The Comics Experience Creators Workshop, in addition to the benefits of a rolling submissions process, provides up-and-coming comics creators with opportunities to receive critiques and advice from peers and pros alike. Workshops, reading lists, resource sharing, encouragement, and more are all available to help inspire you to achieve all of your comics goals. Learn more about what we can do for you here.
If you want to make comics, write, draw, letter, and color comics, or improve as a comics creator, you’ll find like-minded friends and colleagues in our online workshops and courses. We hope to see you there!
Posted by Meredith Nudo